Friday June 14th is Flag Day. This is a very important day for the Post as well as its members, family, and friends. We need everyone available for involvement and support on Friday at 11:30 AM for a 12:00 PM start. We also need volunteers to assist with setting up the main hall and kitchen Thursday afternoon at 4:00 PM.
We look to finalize this at the May meeting and every vote counts.
Please email Philip Welsh per the attachment in the email with your vote per the instructions.
Any questions please contact Commander Greg.
Hard to believe but the May monthly meeting is just around the corner!
The meeting will be May 8, 6PM, at Post 331 in Stone Harbor. As always, we will look to conduct business and then retreat to the Mole Hole for refreshments afterwards. We typically conclude around 8:30 PM.
The agenda for this meeting and the minutes from the April meeting are located here.
Hope to see you there!
Dear Sons of the American Legion Squadron 331,
Welcome back to another exciting year on 7 Mile Island and in Cape May County.
The Sons Officers and I, along with A.L. Post 331, have put together a year of events and fundraising opportunities for you and your families to enjoy and participate in.
John Tracy, our Finance Officer is the Co-Chair of our American Legion Ad Book, along with Jon Ready of the A.L. this year and requests that all Sons and friends please become a patron to support the A.L. and S.A.L. by 3 May 2019. Another email will follow with information on how to be a patron.
Come back often to WWW.SALPOST331.COM for more information about the Sons of the American Legion Squadron 331 Stone Harbor/Avalon.
I welcome the new Sons who have joined and look forward to seeing you at our meetings and events and also working with you on our veterans initiatives this year!
Sincerely, Commander S.A.L. Squadron Greg Kizeik
Check out photos were from the Pearl Harbor Day / Coast Guards Home for the Holiday Event 2018 at the Post this past Sunday.
The Commander of the American Legion Post 331 will arrange for the Color-Guard at Veterans Plaza, 21st & Dune Drive on Veteran’s Day, at 11:00 a.m., Sunday, November 11th, 2018.
There will be a ceremony as follows:
- Introduction by: Tom McCullough, Commander American Legion Post
- US Flag Presentation and Flag Raising Ceremony: by American Legion Post Flag Detail
- Seven Mile Singers: Star Spangle Banner
- Invocation: Father Mark Cavagnaro, St. Brendan the Navigator Parish
- Message: Mayor Martin Pagliughi
- Seven Mile Singers: God Bless America
- Wreath Presentation:
- Presentation of wreath: American Legion Post 331
- Presentation of wreath: Greg Kizeik, Commander SAL Squadron Post #331
- Presentation of wreath: Mayor Martin L. Pagliughi
- Presentation of wreath: D. Lynn Schwartz, Avalon School Board & Avalon Elementary School Student, Aiden and Jack Fox
- Presentation of wreath: Chief Jeff Christopher, Avalon Police Dept.
- Rifle Salute: Post Rifle Detail, Taps: American Legion
- Benediction: Rev. Dr. David Montanye, Avalon First Methodist Church
Please join us for the 9-11 ceremony in Avalon at Veteran’s Plaza
Greetings…………………Scott Wahl, Business Administrator
Welcome.………………..Steve Cloetingh, CEO, Military Veteran Partners
Flag Ceremony…………American Legion Post #331
National Anthem………7 Mile Singers
Invocation………………Fr. Mark Cavagnaro, St. Brendan the Navigators Parish
Message…………………Commander Tom McCullough, Post #331
Message…………………Mayor Martin L. Pagliughi
Speaker………………….Matthew Eversmann, 1ST Sgt. US Army
Remembrance….……..Ray Gagnon, Master Gunnery Sgt.,
Reflection US Marine Corps (Retired)
Rifle Salute…………….American Legion #331
Taps………………………American Legion #331
God Bless America…Avalon Elementary School Students
Benediction……………Rev. Dr. David Montanye, First Methodist Church of Avalon
Please be aware of the following:
1. It’s time for the 17th Annual Sons of The American Legion Bar-B-Que and Horseshoe tournament at Veterans Haven on Sunday at 12:00 noon July 29th sponsored by The Detachment of New Jersey. The horses and washers will start at noon. Food at 1:00. Tours will be available. You may wish to bring a lawn chair. Anyone wishing to bring a salad or a personal specialty is more than welcome. Address: Go in the first entrance off White Horse Pike (RT. 30) 301 Spring Garden Rd, Winslow, NJ 08095-0080
2. The annual Sons Post 331 Bar-B-Q is August 25, 2018, 5 to 8. John Tracy is heading up ticket sales and asks for your support in taking as many as you think you can sell. Contact John at 609-231-5177 or email at jtracy.
3. Membership dues for the 2019 calendar year are now being accepted. The cost is $30 and should be sent to Sons of the American Legion, PO Box 331, Stone Harbor, NJ, 08247. Please note that we are trying to sync up to a calendar year basis so some of you may be paying 2 times in one year, once for 2018 and once for 2019. Also, there are still a few stragglers for 2018 dues so please send that payment in too! Cards will not be mailed out until payment is received.
Thanks for your attention the above!
To NJ’s Homeless Veteran Supporters:
This is a reminder of our upcoming networking event on June 27 to provide current and value-added information to help our neediest of veterans and their families. Those of you that have responded, thank you, and I have responded as such.
Attached is a flyer [click here] for our 5th regional Housing Our Heroes Forum that will be conducted on June 27, 2018 in Brooklawn, Camden County in partnership with Catholic Charities of the Camden Diocese and The American Legion. See attached flyer for additional details.
The purpose of this networking event is to assist with improving and encouraging communications between agencies that aid veterans with all related homeless veteran services and benefits. This session will also give attendees the opportunity to provide brief overviews of their programs. Invitees are primarily limited to veteran housing and employment services, and benefits. Veteran Service Organizations’ homeless veteran representatives and elected officials are also encouraged to attend to learn how to identify (Mayors’ Challenge) our homeless and the resources available to assist them. We will have national and regional subject matter experts to provide current strategies, efforts and funding opportunities.
Therefore if you would like to attend please register at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your cell #, website, services provided, and if you would like to have a table for your resource information. Light morning type refreshments will be served. If you have any questions please contact me.